Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Outo otus, tuo Urno - mun tuttu!

Nokturno, a portal which wishes to enhance and explore the digital possibilities of poetry in Finland, has quietly opened its doors, and I am happy to have contributed my poems! I am especially proud of my "Runo" ("Poem") which is used as the first jigsaw puzzle poem. Well, of course just two persons have seen my original version of the order of the words, but I can tell you I spent some good time making sense with words that were allowed to use only the vowels "u" and "o". Writing a poem with such stricts rules was very satisfying.
And then there´s the first issue of Finstream, a poetry magazine (with an autoissue!) edited by Jukka-Pekka Kervinen. Especially the autoissue is to my liking as well as the poems of Reetta Niemelä, which one does not get to read often enough.

No comments: