Monday, October 25, 2004

My other eye

Last night I was talking on the phone with a friend of mine until 1.30 or 1.45. And this was all in addition to spending the weekend in Riga, from Thursday evening till yesterday, going out on all evenings and walking the Old Town around in too high heels. How tired can you get from taking the weekend off?
Maybe it is time for me to open my other eye and let the other one close for awhile. Maybe this will do the trick and build some sort of shelter for me to be able to keep on writing this blog. It seems to me that if you wish to write, you must write as somebody else, you need some protective thoughts, you need to make a shield of words for yourself. The one with the hands must not be mistaken for the one who writes. Writing and the writer should not be identical, because it destroys the writing. Stone by stone you should bring down the bridges between the I and the eye.

No comments: